6 Important Nail Polishing Tips
Please do not forget to like AmazingNailArt on Facebook to be updated with more amazing looks, nail care, how to tips and advices.
If you want your nails to look flawless you have to be very careful and attentive during the polishing process. The most basic thing is to start polishing when your hands and nails are completely dry. Wait for at least one hour after bathing, showering, swimming or doing the dishes before you take up the nail polish bottle.
If your nails are on the softer side, apply hardener before polishing. Make sure that the polish you’re about to use is not close to expiring. Otherwise you run the risk of having it peel on the second day. When all of the above is taken into consideration, it is finally time for artistry.
6 Nail Polishing Tips
- Shake the bottle well. Drain the applicator brush before applying the polish to the nail. Having a large amount of polish on the brush will make your task harder.
- Polishing should begin at the middle of the nail plate in order to prevent smudging nail polish over the cuticles and skin where its removal is very difficult. So beginning at the middle, slowly slip the brush toward the base of the nail bed.
- Without lifting the brush, carefully slide it to the tip of the nail.
- The brush now contains a very small amount of polish. Use it to fill in the sides of the nail.
- Repeat for all nails. Let the first coat dry completely before applying a second one.
- If you have not managed to keep your skin and cuticles polish-free, use a concealer pencil to disguise that which cannot be removed. The other option is to use a q-tip or toothbrush dipped in nail polish remover to remove as much as you can.